What is a collection in java
A collection is an object that groups one or more than one element into a single unit. Collection framework provides interfaces and classes to store, retrieve and manipulate the data.
A collection framework contains interfaces, implementations and classes
- interfaces -Interfaces allow collections to be manipulated independently of the details of their representation
- implementations– These are reusable data structures.
Benefit of using collection:-
- We can add any objects to the collection.
- We can remove any objects from the collection.
- We can identify an object or group of objects from the collection.
- We can iterate/loop through the entire collection using utility classes.
Followings are the some list of Collection classes in Java:
For sorting of collection use following interfaces:
Apart from above topic there are some interesting fact about Java Collection:
- How HashMap works internally in Java (Most frequent ask interview question in Java).
- How HashSet works internally in Java.
- Custom key in Hashmap.
- How to create custom Hashset in Java
- What is fail fast and fail safe example in java
- Unmodifiable List in Java or read-only list in Java.
We are still working on more Java collection interview questions.