RabbitMQ Exchange Create Step by Step:
I hope you have successfully installed RabbitMQ in your respective system, if not follow below steps.
- Install RabbitMQ in windows.
- Install RabbitMQ in Linux.
Let’s create new Exchange open http://localhost:15672 in browser. Enter respective credentials default (guest/guest).
For Linux system you have to enable or set password through CLI after enabling web management console.
After login successfully in RabbitMQ, click on exchange Tab as shown below:
Scroll down of the page and click Add a new exchange as show below:
Enter respective details of exchange as shown below:
Some of Important RabbitMQ Exchange Properties:
- Auto Delete
Let’s see all above properties in details:
- Name: Set unique name for exchange.
- Type: Please select respective exchange type as explained above as per your requirement.
- Durability: By setting this property you can make sure message will survive or not post starting of server.
- Durable: Message will survive even post restarting of server and these data will be stored in server memory.
- Transient: In this case message will be deleted after restarting of server.
- Auto Delete: By using auto delete property, we can set whether an exchange can delete if we unbind assigned queue.
- Internal: If we set this property yes, then the exchange may not be used directly by publishers, but only when bound to other exchanges.
- Alternate-exchange: If there is an issue in publishing message to exchange, then by using this property, we can specify an alternate exchange to send a message to queue.
As we learned about exchange creation in RabbitMQ now next steps is how to create queue in RabbitMQ.